Artist Jean Claude Damas (Haitian artist) - ArtLiveAndBeauty - Masterpieces of Paintings All The Times Artist Jean Claude Damas (Haitian artist) | ArtLiveAndBeauty - Masterpieces of Paintings All The Times

ArtLiveAndBeauty - Masterpieces of Paintings All The Times

ArtliveAndBeauty is A Blog About Masterpieces Of Paintings All the Times, Elite of Finest Artists paintings All Over The World

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Artist Jean Claude Damas (Haitian artist)



Artist Jean Claude Damas 


"I was born in 1948 in Petion Ville. I started painting in 1974, doing work in the Damala Hotel with Levoir Exume’, painting murals. Since I left school that is what I have been doing, helping my mother, who was very poor and a single woman. Since I left school, painting is the only work I do to surviveI actually started as a little boy in school. I used to go under my desk to do little paintings of people. So from an early age, I was interested in painting, and that is what I am doing now to live and to raise my family.Also, I went at one point, not for long to the Foyer des Arts Plastiques. It was an institution to teach how to paint in all kinds of styles.I participated in an exhibition at the French Institute in1983, and it was my only art show. Since then I have been trying to other ways to participate, but no luck so far. I look for other ways to exhibit. I don’t have any other profession. Painting is my life. It helped me support my family"
  





  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment